England introduced T20 cricket to the world and started playing it at their domestic level. Then it became an official form of the international game. England has achieved immense success in this format, and they are the best team, as the stats suggest. England became only the third team to win the T20 World Cup in 2010 under the leadership of Paul Collingwood.
Then, they repeated the success in 2023 under Jos Buttler. England is only the second team to win the T20 World Cup twice in 2010 and 2023. The English team became the world’s No. 1 ranked team in the shorter format for the very first time on October 24, 2011.
T20 World Cup wins: 2010, 2023
|1||Most Runs in T20 For England|
|2||Highest Run Chase in T20 by England|
|3||England Highest Score in T20|
|4||England Lowest Score in T20|
|5||Highest Individual Score in T20 For England|
|6||Most Wickets in T20 for England|
|7||England Fastest 50 in T20|
England’s record in T20 internationals (Team Records)
- England is one of two teams to win the T20 World Cup twice, other than West Indies. They did it in 2010 and 2023.
- The English team was the first team to win a T20I game by 1-wicket. They beat Australia in January 2011.
- England holds the record for the fourth-highest T20I chase with 230/8 against South Africa in March 2016.
- England’s 230/8 chase against South Africa is also the highest chase registered in T20 World Cup game history.
- The English team holds the record for the joint-third-most sixes in an inning. They smashed 20 sixes when they chased 234/6 against South Africa in July 2022.
- England holds the record for the third-highest second-wicket partnership of 167* runs against South Africa in December 2020.
- They also hold the record for the second-biggest third-wicket partnership between Eoin Morgan and Dawid Malan (182) against New Zealand in November 2019.
- England also holds the record for the third-highest fourth-wicket partnership of 139* vs Pakistan in September 2022.
- The English team hold the record for second-highest 7th wicket stand of 91 runs between Paul Collingwood and Michael Yardy in June 2007 against West Indies.
England’s record in T20 internationals (Players Records)
- Jonny Baistow and Moeen Ali hold the record for hitting the third-most runs in an over in a T20I. He smashed South Africa’s AL Phehlukwayo for 33 runs (66widewide1666) in 2022.
- Liam Livingstone holds the record for the joint-fourth-fastest T20I hundred off 42 balls. He scored it against Pakistan in 2021.
- Moeen Ali scored the joint-fourth fastest T20I fifty off 16 balls against South Africa in July 2022.
- Dawid Malan holds the record for the fastest 1000 T20I runs. He scored 1,000 career runs in 24 innings.
- Adil Rashid holds the record for the joint-most four-wicket hauls (2) in a T20I inning.
- Graeme Swann holds the record for the joint-most maidens in an T20I spell. He bowled two maidens in his four-over spell against Afghanistan in September 2012 and picked up 2/22.
England’s T20I Records vs other Teams
England is probably one of the best sides in the T20 format. In fact, they have some of the biggest power-hitters in the game, which no other team has. Adding to that, England had a good track record in this format, with over a 55 percent winning percentage.